Tuesday 6 May 2014

Settling can be unsettling

So i must commence by saying my first week was great. I had some nights out, met some amazing people and made so many decisions my head is fried. On the weekend friends of Kev & Kels came over- Abbie and Nim and we were supposed to go to the Kew Garden's funfair. The funfair however was a bit of a fizzle with the largest ride being a childrens merry-go-round which apparently could hold the weight of two fully grown rugby players- both Nim ( picture largest human in the world, with glorious mane of hair like a lion, kind of looks like The UNdertaker for any wrestling fans) and Kev, who is a blonde barbie doll, with muscles (this is to be taken as a compliment as its hard for me to be overtly complimentary about my closest friends boyfriends. After much disappointment due to lack of festivities we ventured to the pub and downed a few jugs of pimms. Soon after Nim & his equally glorious mained GF Abbie, an Essex living Rapunzel lookalike, with equally long hair but pocket rocket sized, left, and enroute home in their convertible smart car rang to inform us that there was actually a large funfair in Ealling. So off we went. Caught a bus for halfa, walked a good 20 and found our Pickey ran funfair complete with human sized rides, pyramid balls and Ollie's favorite darts games. To my amaze i conjured up enough guts to trial the childrens roller coaster with Ollie, who appeared just as wussy as me. The best thing about the ride was Ollie shit scared the whole time, it made me forget that Pickey's had built the rollercoaster and instead spent the whole ride deep nose snorting and rolling laughter at Ollie's frightened screams! Kev and Kellie led the way on all the scary rides, i had no interest.

Had a great day with Candice in town on Friday. It was a great day catching up in Soho. Had a great dinner at a mexican Stevie Babe Malco recommended that apparently Rhianna eats at. We had a few wines, met some swedish guys and i was briefly stalked by an identical replica of TinTin. Typical male, the less attention i gave him and the meaner i was to him, the more of me he wanted. He didnt even get the hint when i ran off on him. Again, a couple more wines and i had quite a bad reaction so called it an early night rather than catching up with other friends and hitting the town. Ollie came and jumped on my living room sofa at 3am and gave me some d&M's before passing out. The worst thing about the whole experience was that it took him an hour to pass out and he talked the whole time, considering i'd just vomited from a migraine only 3 hours prior i wasn't quite as enthusiastic to listen!

The other day i went to Clapham - which i have nicknamed the venereal disease as it has a highly pollinated common (greenery) which i'm highly allergic to and end up fully rashed up. (Its sexy as). I met up with Blaise there (who i'm now crashing with) and Nicole who is also from Traralgon. Treasy's little sister. She had been on a 4 day bender and sounded like a chain smoking Thelma from the Simpson's.I informed her that if she continued smoking she will need a button to her wind pipe to talk! Those crazy girls stayed out till 6am. Blaise was still carrying some battlescars when i got to her house at 9pm after spending a few hours trying to get Ollie's couch in to the flat in Twickenham i've decided is too far out for me to live in. It didnt fit, but in the time it took Ollie and Kev trying different configurations, the sexy TeOka and i got our shit together and built 3 pieces of ikea furniture. That night we ate dinner at 10pm - Blaise's first meal for the day! It was the most expensive, smallest £14 domino's gluten free pizza ever. I felt completely ripped off.

I'm like a pressure cooker at present. I have put so much pressure on myself to achieve, i feel like i've underachieved as its been a week and i'm still jobless and couch surfing through my ever endearing friends. I'm now at the gorgeous Martin/ Misc household in Chiswick. My handbag has been renamed the vortex, as it has so much stuff in it constantly between all the interviews, house viewings and weather prep ie umbrella and scarf. I must say however the weather has been nothing short of glorious.

I had a great interview the other day but my stupid anxious head gets all stressed out turning things around and making me feel maybe it wasn't as i'm yet to hear back. Bank holiday + 2 working days since interview. This happened when i viewed a nice flatshare in She Bu, i spent a whole half day deciding and by the time i decided, the room was taken, now i'm scared i will never find another, decent flat. I viewed a small dog box in Fulham today. I decided i wouldn't house my dog in it so i wouldn't be happy in it either. All i want is a small double room with a wardrobe, sick housemates and some sky tv in the living room, how hard can that be to find you say? It is hard... and when you find it you should say yes and not spend half a day thinking about it / missing out. Lesson learnt the hard way. Now to work out how long you leave it after an interview to contact them. Argh! Who knows!?!? Meanwhile I've spent all night trying to make up for my unsuccess so far by applying for everything... It's like my love life.

So today i went to the job centre to get my NI number. I struggled to sign my name the same every time so after 4 attempts i just said to the guy- look its me, i can't sign it, i dont know why, it may be because i got my passport when i was 15. Way to make myself feel better about myself. So then i went to Blaise's gym in Chelsea (where Princess Beatice goes may i add) and had a half price facial (fyi dudes its not the sexual type, the beauty face type-), to try and make up for some of it all. I don't want much. A job, a room and a gym membership... Just the routine that i was sick of in Aus. Oh the irony....


No comments:

Post a Comment