Saturday 10 May 2014

My new home.



Excuse me whilst i become a new mother for a second to establish time frames: Yesterday marked my two weeks in London. Happy two weeks to me! 

In two weeks I've had three interviews, one for a permanent role, two for contracting recruitment companies. The job that i want is with a leading consultancy project management firm; my gut feel was that the interview went really well, however after a week or so of hearing anything and toiling in my head what i should and shouldn't have said in the interview, i was starting to feel rather down. Then I met up with the girl who put me in contact with them = great news! Not only did she shout me lunch, she said they were really impressed with me, so fingers crossed it will amount to something. 

For those of you that don't know i'm usually an uppy person, upping everyone around me, however as i'm riddled with anxiety and control issues (maybe it has something to do with while i'm still single?) I've had some issues adjusting to the not having a system, (something an ox Virgo relishes), not having a job, living in peoples living rooms, feeling rather hobo, plus my brain hates being unemployed. This temporary downy side to me which has reared its ugly head is slowly recessing which is great, getting the super news about the job has buoyed me and i think i've found myself a home to move in to... 

So basically what happened is the perfect home for me was found first up. BUT i thought i was just rushing in to it, took half a day to make up my mind, and missed out. Since then, its been disaster after disaster, really lovely eastern European housemates, but eastern European housemates none the less, see through floors, no living rooms, and some really dodgy looking commission flats which i didn't even bother going in to, and areas which i wouldn't want to live in- i.e, dark streets, commission areas etc. 

However, I think i have found somewhere which is good! It's £60 a month more than the amazing place i found first up, but the good news is that although the rent is expensive, all rents seem expensive, and i don't need to pay a bond so that's a nice change, so if i don't like it, i can just move out! 
  
Here is the good bit, my new home: i'll be living with 2 criminal lawyers- one is covered in tattoos, has metal paraphernalia, a pet snake, and 2 excitable rescue staffies- Winnie & Sam, he enjoys keeping things overtly clean, and hosting dinner parties, the other looks like a lawyer, clean cut and refined, both ride to work and kicked out their last housemate because she didn't shower and said that she had to leave because their lesbian cousin from Australia is moving in- hence why they think I will be perfect as the story fits so well. I entered the house with the two dogs darting towards me, thinking i'd just be polite and that the guy who greeted me had bogan dogs, tattoos and so forth, also he was wearing runners with shorts which most of you know i hate, i told him his fashion sense was problematic,  and the dudes were weird, then i started chatting and i just didn't want to leave and as soon as i got to Fulham Broadway station i considered buying a bottle of red and walking back there to celebrate, then looked at my phone and i had a message from the lads saying they had held a house meeting and thought i would be perfect. So here are some pics. 



   

No beating around any bushes, i'm moving in Sunday- so tomorrow. I think anyways! 

I'm heading to watch the London AFL- Wandsworth Demons play today (I know i'm a Wildcats fan but i should change cos one of their hall of famers is a massive cheating lying scum piece of garbage wanker... but there are also lots of good ones, and Pettie played for them so i'm staying a Wildcat fan and just going to today's game in disguise.) cos we all know they hate each other, for anyone interested the Cats beat the demons last week by one point. I'm hoping to catch up with Vanessa Budd at the game too which is great! Can't wait to see her pretty face. 

I'm super excited to be staying at Kellie's tonight, and we will be heading out in Richmond, and meeting Ollie's girlfriend which is exciting! It is also exciting as Richmond is SO much fun to go out in!! Its so debaucherous... or maybe that's just my contribution! 

All week, job hunting, and house hunting has been exhausting, i'm looking forward to having a base and heading away next weekend to the south with an old work colleague. I'm also considering booking a trip to Spain or Malta soon, its like $200 quid all inclusive. We'll see. 

Over and out homies. Peace, Love and happy mother's day Lynnie, Granny & Nonna xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment