Sunday 18 May 2014

Fulham like home

Wow. Have I had a fancy few days.

Have I done an update since my date?  What a date. Excuse me men of the world, apparently gentleman do exist! I met the lovely Paul, a bearded 6 foot tall, well dressed boy at two of my debaucherous expeditions out in Richmond. He asked me for my number and texted me and asked me on a date. So it was only appropriate to meet him at Richmond station on a lovely sunny day. I greeted him, he was carrying a large man bag and he told wouldn’t tell me where we were going. We ended up at the green in Richmond where he opened out a picnic rug and lots of food and wine, wow amazing! We stayed at the park soaking the sun for a good 4 hours and then went to the river for a walk. Came home to the housemates grilling me about the date, and I was like ‘English guys are so different to Australian guys…’ and they were like ‘no he doesn’t sound English, he sounds gay.’ Haha love them already. He is keen to catch up again, we’ll see. It is nice being treated nicely though I must say.

I went out Thursday night to meet up with some old mates from Lower Plenty in Marylebone. And what began as a day out intruding Oli’s GF Jess to a quiet night out, turned in to a massive night which started when I walked in to the pub and recognised an old Indian man. ‘Excuse me Sir, you are really familiar, do you hang out at the Churchill Arms in Notting Hill’ ‘Yes dear I do.’ ‘Well, I met you when I was there with my parents 5 years ago, you had your brother in law over.’ Man tells me to order whatever we want- he will pay. Whoop Whoop! ‘Hello well connected older man, do you know anyone in Construction? I’m after a job’, ‘nope, but these are my friends, introducing me to other people. One a big dog lawyer i will refer to as Mr Big, he was so impressed when I told him about my housemates. I can’t go in to heaps of depth; because I don’t want Mr Murdoch or Rebekah to read my blog and use it as evidence in court, but Jess and I ended up getting chaeffered from the pub we were at to the Marylebone Hotel, being greeted with bottles of champagne, cocktails and meeting all the local loaded famous types, plastic surgeons on Harley Street, etc. Fair to say we met the big dogs. Thankfully Mr Big’s personal chauffer then chauffeured me back to Fulham too. Plus I’m catching up with some of Mr Big’s mates, and he reckons he will be able to get me a job too... his friend suggested a 42yo multi millionaire friend of hers would love me. Look I stood firm and told her that 42 was well outside my upper limit, but then she said he is good looking so maybe I wont say no!

The hangover Friday was excruciating. I don’t know how I made it out of bed and on the 3:17pm train from Victoria. Perhaps a fluke! Anyway I made it, and had a great weekend away with an old colleague Jane Wilson, and her husband Rod. Geez I had no idea I’d get so drunk again on Saturday with Janey, but 4 bottles of Rose and an FA Cup final win by the gunners, meant we were all in the mood for celebrating. And celebrate we did, until the end of the night, when I asked Rod to throw me the house keys and he underarm high girl threw them 15 meters from me over a hedge! The whole town was searching for the barn keys, until we gave up and Rod nearly killed himself jumping from some height to the pavement below. Fair to say the owner was less than impressed to come and let us in demanding 25£ straight away, and even more so when we said we had lost the keys. Apparently it would cost £200 quid to replace the locks on a Sunday. Thankfully as soon as we had all woken up, a short stroll to the house and hedge where we’d been searching and the keys had been found, no where near the search area, a good 30 meters from where I was standing.


Hungover again, and back to Fulham. Starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment